A man, 22, brutally attacked a woman in the street, chased her and tried to kick down the house door.


A man has been jailed after launching an unprovoked attack on a woman and then trying to smash down the door of the home where she was given refuge.
Gulwali Stanekzay, 22, carried out the “shockingly violent” attack on the woman before chasing her through the street.
A brave householder took the woman in, but Stanezkay then tried to force his way in, kicking the door before smashing up a parked car and attacking a man who knew the victim.
The attack in Brent in February prompted a search by police, and Stanezkay was arrested on 1 March.
He has now been sentenced to three years in prison for a range of charges, including assault occasioning actual forceful harm and criminal damage.
Harrow Crown Court heard how on Sunday, 26 February, at about 7.40 pm, the victim, in her early 20s, was walking along the street talking on her phone when Stanekzay, who was cycling along the same road, suddenly began to chase her.

A Woman’s Harrowing Encounter

The woman fled, but Stanekzay followed her and barged into her, chasing her into a garden where he began to beat her.
Footage from a doorbell camera showed him repeatedly punching the woman while she screamed for help.
The homeowner opened the door and took the woman in, but when he shut the front door, Stanekzay attacked it in an apparent attempt to force his way in – all caught on the doorbell camera.
After repeated attempts to force his way in and smashing the doorbell camera, he left the front garden and began to attack and damage a nearby car.
Meanwhile, the victim had called a relative and told him what had happened, and when he arrived, Stanekzay attacked him, too, before fleeing the scene.
The court heard that both the woman and man required hospital treatment, and the damage caused to the car and the house Stanekzay attacked ran into thousands of pounds.

Woman Chased and Assaulted by 22-Year-Old Attacker

Police launched an appeal using images caught on CCTV, and Stanekzay was identified as the attacker.
The thug was cycling along Minet Avenue, in Harlesden, northwest London, around 7.40 pm when he decided to follow the young woman.
Ramming his bike into Ms Waris’ body, a crazed Stanekzay attacked her three times – leaving her face in blood.
Footage from a doorbell camera showed him repeatedly throwing punches as the helpless woman cried out for help.
Ms Waris told the court the incident had caused her “distress” and left her fearful to leave her home.
She said: “This incident has caused me a lot of distress and impacted my emotions and mental health.

“I have also sustained physical injuries, including bruising and swelling to my eyes, nose and lip.
“I had many bruises on my head, neck, shoulder and back. I have had to go to the hospital to receive treatment for my physical injuries.
“The CT scan showed no internal damage and was all external.
“This was hard for me because it made me feel conscious about my appearance, and I did not feel good about myself.
“I could not even do my makeup due to the pain and the swelling of my facial injuries.”
Ms Waris could flee the beating when a homeowner saw the horror and let her into his home.
Moments later, Stanekzay started booting the door to get in.
In the footage shown at Harrow Crown Court on Thursday, Stanekzay, an Afghan immigrant, was then attempted to break the Ring Doorbell in his rage.
After taking multiple unsuccessful run-ups, Stanekzay ditched the scene continuing his rampage by attacking a nearby car.
Ms Waris rang her dad as she hid, who arrived at the property to be met with blows from Stanekzay.
Both Ms Waris and her father needed hospital treatment for their injuries.

Woman’s Courageous Fight After Being Attacked and Pursued

Her dad suffered a black eye and a broken tooth.
Stanekzay had been in and out of immigration centres and was homeless at the time of the attack, the court heard.
At a hearing in May, he pleaded guilty to two counts of assault and two counts of criminal damage.
He was yesterday sentenced to three years in prison.
Judge Maya Sikand said: “Watching that footage is upsetting and frightening, and I’m sorry to say it portrays you in a hideous light.”
DC Jacob Eyres said finding and arresting Stanekzay was “an absolute priority”.
He said: “Stanekzay brutally attacked a lone woman in the street without provocation.
“The attack was shockingly violent, and one can only imagine the terror this prolonged assault caused.
“Thankfully, a brave householder opened their door and took the victim in, but Stanekzay attacked their house in an apparent attempt to force his way.

About the author

Olivia Wilson
By Olivia Wilson


Get in touch

Content and images available on this website is supplied by contributors. As such we do not hold or accept liability for the content, views or references used. For any complaints please contact adelinedarrow@gmail.com. Use of this website signifies your agreement to our terms of use. We do our best to ensure that all information on the Website is accurate. If you find any inaccurate information on the Website please us know by sending an email to adelinedarrow@gmail.com and we will correct it, where we agree, as soon as practicable. We do not accept liability for any user-generated or user submitted content – if there are any copyright violations please notify us at adelinedarrow@gmail.com – any media used will be removed providing proof of content ownership can be provided. For any DMCA requests under the digital millennium copyright act
Please contact: adelinedarrow@gmail.com with the subject DMCA Request.