The Liverpool Christmas Market is an annual event that typically takes place from mid-November to December. Over the years, it has become one of the most popular Christmas markets in the United Kingdom, drawing visitors from all over the world.
The market is located in the heart of Liverpool, around St George’s Hall and William Brown Street. It features over 200 stalls selling a wide variety of Christmas gifts, food, and drink. Visitors can also enjoy a variety of festive entertainment, including live music, carol singing, and fairground rides.
The Liverpool Christmas Market is a great way to get into the festive spirit. It’s a magical and atmospheric place to experience all that Christmas has to offer.
Here’s what you can expect to find at the Liverpool Christmas Market:
- A wide variety of Christmas gifts, from handmade crafts to traditional ornaments.
- Festive food and drink, including mulled wine, mince pies, and roasted chestnuts.
- Live music and carol singing.
- Fairground rides and other amusements.
- A magical atmosphere, with twinkling lights, festive decorations, and the smell of Christmas in the air.
Liverpool Christmas Market 2023
The Liverpool Christmas Market 2023 opened on Saturday, November 18, 2023, and will run until Christmas Eve, December 24, 2023. The stalls are open from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily.
Here is a list of the stalls available at the Liverpool Christmas Market 2023:
Food and Drink Stalls
- Mulled wine stalls
- Bavarian bar
- German sausages
- Vegan options
- Pick ‘n’ mix
- Christmas ornaments
- Handmade crafts
- Edible presents
- Fairground rides
- Santa Land rides
- Big wheel
- Snow slide
The stalls are located in two main areas: St George’s Plateau and William Brown Street. There is also a smaller market on Great Homer Street every Sunday between November 19 and December 17.
The Liverpool Christmas Market is a great place to find unique gifts, festive food and drink, and Christmas cheer. Be sure to check it out this year!
There is no charge to enter the Liverpool Christmas Market. However, there are charges for some of the rides and attractions, such as the big wheel and the snow slide.
Here is a list of the prices for some of the rides and attractions:
- Big wheel: £5 for adults, £3 for children
- Snow slide: £3 for adults, £2 for children
- Santa Land rides: £2 per ride
You can also purchase a wristband for unlimited rides on the big wheel and the snow slide for £10 for adults and £5 for children.
Please note that these prices are subject to change.
While there is no ice skating rink directly at the Liverpool Christmas Market, there is an ice skating rink available at the Bombed Out Church, located at 9-13 St Luke’s Rd, Liverpool L3 8BN, United Kingdom. The rink is open from November 30 to December 3, 2023, and tickets cost £10 for adults and £5 for children.
Reviews from 2022
The Liverpool Christmas Market 2022 received mixed reviews from visitors. Some people praised the market’s festive atmosphere, wide variety of stalls, and delicious food and drink. Others found the market to be overcrowded and expensive.
Here are some excerpts from reviews of the Liverpool Christmas Market 2022:
- “The Liverpool Christmas Market is a must-visit for anyone looking to get into the festive spirit. The stalls are beautifully decorated, the food and drink is delicious, and the atmosphere is magical.” – Tripadvisor user
- “I loved the variety of stalls at the Liverpool Christmas Market. There was something for everyone, from handmade crafts to traditional ornaments. I also enjoyed the live music and carol singing.” – Google user
- “The Liverpool Christmas Market is a great place to find unique gifts. I bought several presents for my family and friends, and I know they’re going to love them.” – Facebook user
- “The Liverpool Christmas Market was very overcrowded. It was difficult to get around, and I often had to wait in long lines.” – Tripadvisor user
- “I found the Liverpool Christmas Market to be very expensive. The food and drink was overpriced, and the prices for the rides were even higher.” – Google user
- “The Liverpool Christmas Market is not what it used to be. The stalls are mostly the same, and there’s nothing new or exciting.” – Facebook user
Overall, the Liverpool Christmas Market 2022 was a popular event, but it received mixed reviews from visitors. Some people loved the market’s festive atmosphere and wide variety of stalls, while others found it to be overcrowded and expensive. You can also find interesting facts about Liverpool Biennial 2023.