She is a British-born Youtuber and actress. Her interest in baking led her to discover and recreate many recipes, of which the cookie recipes became the most famous. Though she remains popular in the screen world, her time in the kitchen has not gone unnoticed as well.
She has managed to carve a niche for herself in both fields.
One of her favorite things to do in autumn and winter is baking.
That’s why she decided to bake some cookies. Any cookie would have been good, but Tanya Burr’s white and milk chocolate cookies are PERFECT! She recommends you try this one, She is sure you’ll thank me later.
Over the past few months, she has loved getting in the kitchen and baking. This is one of the recipes she tried and oh her, these cookies are incredible. If you like gooey cookies with a tonne of melty chocolate oozing out of them then these are the ones for you. The recipe comes from Tanya Burr and her book, Tanya Bakes, which you can find here.
In case you want to try a great cookie that will have everyone asking for more, then give these a try. The recipe belongs to Tanya Burr’s blog, however, it has now been taken down from the internet, so she thought she would share it with you on her blog. All credit for the recipe goes to Tanya Burr. Super quick to make and bake.
Here are the methods of 2 recipes.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
If you are on the lookout for the quintessential chocolate cookie that will rock your World with its flavor and depth, then this is the recipe for you. Their aroma will waft through the house, and you will be overwhelmed with the intense chocolaty flavor that accompanies each of the cookies.
Ingredients for Tanya Burr Cookie Recipe (Triple Chocolate)
· 200 gms unsalted butter
· 300 gms caster sugar
· 1 large egg
· 275 gm self-raising flour
· 75 gm cocoa powder
· 1 large bar of white chocolate
· 1 large bar of dark chocolate
· 1 large bar of milk chocolate
· 3 Diam bars
· ½ tsp milk
The method for Tanya Burr’s Triple Chocolate Cookies:
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (180 fans) or 392 F. Line 2 or 3 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until combined.
3. Once the mix is smooth, add in the egg and whisk.
4. Next, sift in the dry ingredients, then mix till combined. Add in the dash of milk here if the mix is looking dry (Try not to add any if you can as it normally is fine as long as you mix it well).
5. Break the chocolate bars and mix them into the dough. Add as much chocolate as you wish to your taste. She likes to use one white bar (Milky Bar), one milk chocolate (Dairy Milk), and two Dairy Milk Daim bars (but you can use whatever chocolate you like.) The Daim bars add an extra crunch to the cookies. You could also use a different variety if you fancied, e.g. dairy milk nut bar for a nut element.
6. Place the dough onto the baking sheets, She likes to make my cookies reasonably sized to get as much chocolate in each bite as possible plus the chocolate chunks aren’t small! (They should make 10-12 cookies depending on size, it normally gets 12.)
7. Place in the oven for 11 minutes (they may seem raw still but trust the process, they will continue to cook outside the oven so leave them to sit for 30mins to cool and set, and trust me you will get the perfect cookies) These are great for special occasions, or even just for a casual baking day.
White and Milk Chocolate Cookies
This is another cookie recipe by Tanya Burr that is spot on. It is a great combination of milk and white chocolate and takes only a few ingredients to get ready. Try it once, and it will certainly become your go-to tea-time recipe when you have fancy friends over.
This Tanya Burr Cookie Recipe uses white and milk chocolate.
· 200 gm butter
· 300 gm castor sugar
· 1 egg
· 325 gm self-raising flour
· 200 gm white Chocolat
· 200 gm milk chocolate
· ½ tsp milk
Tips For Tanya Burr Cookie Recipe
· Break the chocolate into tiny bits and use a sharp knife for the best results. This will ensure that the chocolate melts in the batter while baking.
· An oven with an even temperature distribution is of utmost importance when it comes to baking cookies.
· 10 minutes is a guideline, and the cookies may be done from anywhere between 8-15 minutes.
· Remove them from the oven when they look firm on the edges. Baking them for too long will result in them getting tough. The cookies will continue to bake for a while more once you take them out of the oven, so take them out when they are slightly undone.
· Using good quality chocolate is another sure-shot way to an amazing cookie. Do not mistake using the chocolate compound for this recipe, as it will never taste as good as the original chocolate.
· Do not replace butter with margarine either, as that will make the cookies greasy, and they won’t fluff up as well.
For more such fun and quick recipes, give our blog foodiewish.com a lookup. You will surely be impressed with what we have to offer.